Mario & Chill explores the rich musical history of the Super Mario video game series through the lens of 80s and 90s electronica. A spiritual successor to our album Zelda & Chill, Synthwave artist Helynt created a progressive and nostalgic tribute to gaming’s biggest icon. Licensed compositions courtesy of Nintendo.
Inspired by the era when Mario first hit the scene, Mario & Chill was produced with synthesizers, guitars, and retro drum machines all akin to the era. Created by Helynt, a synth and retrowave artist from Italy, Mario & Chill is a progressive trip through video game music history.
From the 8-bit days of the original Super Mario Bros, to the expansive world of Super Mario Odyssey, Mario & Chill features 12 distinct themes re-imagined as progressive synthwave tracks. The tracklist features fan favorites like Rainbow Road, Dire Dire Docks, and Rosalina’s Observatory, alongside deep cuts like Deep Castle, Piranha Plant Lullaby, and the Super Mario 64 Staff Roll.
Games featured include Mario Kart, Super Mario World, Mario 64, Mario & Luigi, Mario Galaxy, and Mario Odyssey. Composers include Koji Kondo, Kenta Negata, Satomi Terui, Naoto Kubo, Mahito Yokata, and Yoko Shimomura.
Mario & Chill tracklist
1. Rainbow Road (Mario Kart 7)
2. Overworld (Super Mario World)
3. Odyssey (Fossil Falls, Mario Odyssey)
4. Dire, Dire Docks (Super Mario 64)
5. Steam Gardens (Super Mario Odyssey)
6. Gusty Garden Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy)
7. Deep Castle (Mario & Luigi Bowser’s Inside Story)
8. Rosalina (Observatory, Super Mario Galaxy)
9. Luma (Super Mario Galaxy)
10. Piranha Plant Lullaby (Super Mario 64)
11. Staff Roll (Super Mario 64)
12. Game Over (Super Mario World)
▾ Follow Helynt ▾